Friday, April 1, 2011

How we started...

We are sisters who happen to love baking. The smell of a freshly baked goody is one staple we have in our home. I have been experimenting in the kitchen since I was in grade school and my sister (and now business partner), Joy, is just starting to realize how happiness could be elevated a notch higher when she combines eggs, flour, butter and chocolate!

The opportunity came when we were offered a spot in the BF commercial area. I have always known that my dream business is a baking supplies shop but not anytime soon. Any baker would love to have her own anyway! Joy wanted to have a food related business but is quite lost starting on her own. She already quit her job in a bank and just came back fresh from her US vacation. For me, its a cross between going back to Singapore for work or staying for my family.


After a series of brainstorming sessions and asking ourselves if this business is really what we want, we finally gave in and said yes! And so love2bake was born. We officially opened shop on February 12, 2011, 2 days before Valentine's day. Sweet!

Love,
Kar:)


No comments:

Post a Comment